Weapons PUPs And Slicing

eqsanctum

• Administrators
eqsanctum

Powerups is frustrating to craft because they have totally random(well almost) rolls and uses. So crating one you think is worth selling can be frustrating as you often have to do 100s of crafting attempts to get what you want. This guide will show the meaning of the powerup names and explain what each "stat" does.

When you craft a powerup it will roll one of the specific powerups primary stats, then on experimentation it has a chance to add secondary stats to the powerup. Uses are rolled randomly and resources does not affect the amount of uses on the crafted powerup.

Resource Quality: Powerups need Overall Quality (OQ).

Resources Used: Metal & Chemical

Ranged

Barrel

Primary:

Ported (Health Cost Reduced)

Smoothed (Point Blank Attack Mod)

Taper-Bored (Wound Chance Increase)

Secondary:

Alignment (Ideal Range Attack Mod)

Concentration (Max Damage Increase)

Dampening (Mind Cost Reduction)

Condensing (Ideal Range)

Coupler

Primary:

Short-Circuit (Min Damage Increase)

Quick-Charge (Attack Speed)

Hot-Wired (Max Damage)

Tweaked (Action Cost)

Secondary:

Overpowering (Idea Range)

Compensation (Mind Cost)

Searing (Point Blank Attack Mod)

Grip

Primary:

Hair-Trigger (Attack Speed)

Ergonomic (Ideal Range Increase)

Lightened (Action Cost)

Fitted Grip (Idea Range Attack Mod)

Secondary:

Aiming (Min Damage Increase)

Steadying (Max Range Attack Mod)

Reckoning (Wound Chance Increase)

Recoil-Deadening (Health Cost Reduction)

Muzzle

Primary:

Scattered (Point Blank Mod)

Muffled (Mind Cost Reduction)

Polished (Wound Chance)

Tuned (Max Damage)

Secondary:

Braking (Health Cost)

Focusing (Max Range Mod)

Sighting (Min Damage)

Flaring (Point Blank Attack Mod)

Scope

Primary:

Powered (Mind Cost Reduction)

Ranged (Ideal Range Attack Mod)

Calibrated (Max Range Attack Mod)

Precision (Min Damage Increase)

Secondary:

Pin-Pointing (Wound Chance Increase)

Targeting (Attack Speed)

Tracking (Action Cost)

Stock

Primary

Anti-Jitter (Max Range Penalty)

Balanced (Ideal Range)

Reactive (Special Move Health Cost)

Secondary

of Dissipation (Max Damage)

of Accuracy (Ideal Attack Bonus)

of Cushioning (Special Move Action Cost)

of Loading (Attack Speed)

Melee

Primary:

Extending (Ideal Range)

Balancing (Heath Cost Reduction)

Compensating (Mind Cost Reduction)

Barbing (Point Blank Attack Mod)

Secondary:

Accuracy (Ideal Range Attack Mod)

Control Enhancement (Speed)

Wounding (Wound Chance)

Refining (Max Damage)

Effects

It's all well and good knowing what each phrase means, but what exactly do these boosts do??

HAM Stats

Health Cost - Reduces the cost of RED (Health) energy when using a Special Move with your weapon.

Mind Cost - Reduces the cost of BLUE (Mind) energy when using a Special Move with your weapon.

Action Cost - Reduces the cost of GREEN (Action) energy when using a Special Move with your weapon.

Combat

Wound Chance - Increases the chance of wounding your enemy

Max Damage - Increases the maximum damage your weapon is capable of

Min Damage - Increases the minimum damage your weapon will do

Attack Speed - Reduces the time between reloads (allows you to fire more often in a given time period)

Range

Ideal Range Attack Mod - Increases the power of your gun at its 'Ideal Range' (your gun's 'Ideal Range' is a set distance that it supposedly works best at, e.g. 14 meters)

Ideal Range - Increase your guns 'Ideal Range'

Point Blank Attack Mod - Increase the power of your gun at point blank range

• Administrators
eqsanctum

When selecting materials to use for powerups you need six (6) minerals and four (4) chemicals. Any minerals and chemicals will do as they are not specified any further than that. I have been using a polymer and a colat iron. Overall Quality (OQ) is the only stat that is taken into account for all weapon powerups. Keep in mind that for a Master Artisan it is NOT NECESSARY TO USE 1000 OQ MATERIALS. I believe that anything 990 or higher OQ will yield perfect results. (mine have been a 998 metal and a 994 chemical). When experimenting with these materials, all experimentation boxes are filled and one "amazing" result will prevent you from using all experimentation points as you CANNOT experiment beyond 99%.

Powerup stats (all types) are randomly generated. The basic powerup, when first assembled, contains a PRIMARY stat (if you look at the list below, it is the first set of names such as Ported, Smoothed, Taper-Bored, etc). By experimenting, additional SECONDARY stats can be added (these are the second set of names such as of Alignment, of Concentration, of Dampening etc.)

Let's look a ranged barrel powerup for example (although the crafting process of all the powerup types is the same)

I select a barrel powerup from my weapon, droid, generic crafting tool while standing next to my weapon, droid, generic crafting station. The barrel is assembled and randomly assigned a name and corresponding stat modifier (if you get less than a "great" assembly at this point, toss it). In this case I have a made a PORTED BARREL (which gives me small modifier to the HEALTH cost of using a special with that weapon). As a Master Artisan, I now have 10 experimentation points with which to modify the powerup. The key here is to experiment ONE POINT AT A TIME. After the first or second experimentation point, I have now added a second stat modifier to the barrel. The primary HEALTH stat has increased to around 12% and the secondary comes in around 6-7%. In this case, MAXIMUM DAMAGE is the secondary stat. So the name of barrel changes to PORTED BARREL OF CONCENTRATION. As I continue to experiment with the powerup, the primary and secondary stats will increase to a MAXIMUM stat modifier of 33.16% PRIMARY/16.33% SECONDARY. So the best you can get from a two stat powerup is 33.16%/16.33%. This changed during the one day experment change the devs pulled so 33.5%/16.5% powerups DO EXIST.

Now here is gets tricky...

By experimenting each point one at a time, you have a change of adding a third, fourth, or even fifth stat modifier to the powerup. Be advised, ONLY SECONDARY STATS will ever be added, NEVER PRIMARY STATS. So in the case of the barrel, you COULD have a powerup that modifies the Health (primary)/Ideal Range (secondary)/Max Damage (secondary)/Mind (secondary). But it is impossible, with a barrel powerup, to modify the Health (primary)/Point Blank Penalty (primary)/Max Damage (secondary).

Also keep in mind, when adding additional stat modifiers, the experimentation gets a little strange. For example, using the barrel again, I have experimented up until I have a Health Primary of approx. 15-17% and a Max Damage Secondary of about 7%. I experiment another point and I get a third stat modifier of Ideal Range. From this point, any additional experimentation will INCREASE THE THIRD STAT to a maximum of 16.33% and the original secondary stat will stay a the 7.xx% it was at when the third stat came on board. Now my observation has be this. If additional stats come on, with the original secondary stat BELOW 10%, the third stat will increase to the maximum. If the third stat came of board with the secondary stat HIGHER than 10% the TERTIARY AND SECONDARY stat increase but NEITHER one will reach the 16.33% limit. So you end up with something like a 33.16%/12.5%/10.33% powerup. This may be preferred due the higher increase of the third stat, but it is rare and extremely hard to plan.

With fourth and fifth stat modifiers, I have not been able to determine the patterns there, so if you get one just keep experimenting away and hope for the best. One last thing to remember here, the name for a powerup is always designated by the Primary and Secondary stats even in a three stat powerup, so you not see a Ported Barrel of Concentration of Condensing. It would only be a Ported Barrel of Concentration. (this doesn't matter if you follow my tips later)

Now to answer some of the more common questions I get:

POWERUP MINI-FAQ

1. Why would I want to increase my Point Blank Penalty/Special Move Health Cost/etc?

a. You are NEVER INCREASING the penalty by using a powerup. The "+" percentage of a powerup is how much REDUCTION you get towards the HAM cost or range penalty of using that weapon. So a +"Point Blank Penalty" is actually that amount that the powerup reduces the penalty, but a +"Ideal Attack Bonus" is that amount in the increase of the bonus. THERE IS NO PENALTY WHAT SO EVER IN USING A POWERUP.

2. Won't it make my weapon decay faster?

a. There is no increase in the decay rate of using a powerup on a weapon. I'll say it again THERE IS NO PENALTY WHAT SO EVER IN USING A POWERUP. Now I know someone is going to agrue this point saying that "if I use a speed powerup, my weapon will fire faster and hence, decay faster". No duh!

3. Can you make me a Max Damage/Min Damage Melee Powerup?

a. Nope. As you can see from the list, both Min and Max Damage a secondary stats. Now it may be possible to get, say, a Health/Max/Min but then you are looking at about a 16.33% Max and 8.XX% Min modifier.

4. Why can't you make crates of 25 like my chef/medic/WS/etc.?

a. You got me. In the Devs infinite wisdom, they decided to make powerups in crates of 10. Go figure.

Tips for selling powerups:

1. KNOW YOUR MARKET

a. The best way to make a business out of powerups is know what your customers want. So what would a PVP'ing Novice Rifleman want? Well, considering that he has not made the speed cap (so his rifle is so slow) and the nature of PVP mitigation (check other threads for info on this one) they might want a Hair-Triggered Grip of Lightening (33.16% Speed/16.33% Min Damage). Or perhaps the high Mind costs of the rifle is hurting them, try a Powered Scope of Targeting (33.16% Mind/16.33% Speed). Get to know the different combatant classes, talk to rifleman and the pikeman, or better yet, try them yourself. I've made quite a pretty penny, selling 33.16% Speed/16.33% Health Grips to Carbineers for use with the EE3 Carbine exclusively (unlike most carbines which have high Action costs, the EE3 has a high Health). A tip for those of you just starting out - Max Damage/Min Damage Muzzles are ALWAYS popular.

2. KEEP YOUR VENDOR WELL STOCKED

a. Nothing turns off a potential buyer more than a vendor with two or three items on it. When I do a new schematic, I usually run off 100 powerups (10 crates) and watch how they sell over the next week. They sold out in 2 days? I make 20 crates on the next run. They sat there for a month? I run 2 or 3 crates next time.

3. MAKE YOUR ITEMS IDENTIFIABLE

a. You can leave the generic name when making the schematic, but who is going to remember what a Hot-Wired Coupler of Compensation does? And with 600 crates on the vendor, do you really think they are going to check the details of every item? For simplicity, I use the following format for my powerups (Type) (%) (Stat)/(%) (Stat) (Name) Example: "RANGED - 33.16% Speed/16.33% Min Dmg Grip" or "MELEE - 33.16% Health/16.33% Max Dmg" Not as colorful as the real name, but the customer knows what it does and what it's used for right off the bat. The first time you get a client trying to sell back unidentified melee powerups because he thought they would work on his Tusken Rifle, you'll see why I do this.

RANGED

BARREL

Ported (Special Move Health Cost)

Smoothed (Point Blank Penalty)

Taper-Bored (Wound Chance)

of Alignment (Ideal Attack Bonus)

of Concentration (Maximum Damage)

of Condensing (Ideal Range)

of Dampening (Special Move Mind Cost)

COUPLER

Hot-Wired (Maximum Damage)

Quick-Charge (Attack Speed)

Short-Circuited (Minimum Damage)

Tweaked (Special Move Action Cost)

of Compensation (Special Move Mind Cost)

of Overpowering (Ideal Range)

of Searing (Point Blank Penalty)

GRIP

Ergonomic (Ideal Range)

Fitted (Ideal Attack Bonus)

Hair-Triggered (Attack Speed)

Lightening (Special Move Mind Cost)

of Recoil-Deadening (Special Move Health Cost)

of Aiming (Minimum Damage)

of Reckoning (Wound Chance)

of Steadying (Max Range Penalty)

MUZZLE

Muffled (Special Move Mind Cost)

Polished (Wound Chance)

Scattering (Max Range Penalty)

Tuned (Maximum Damage)

of Flaring (Point Blank Penalty)

of Focusing (Max Range Penalty)

of Braking (Special Move Health Cost)

of Sighting (Minimum Damage)

SCOPE

Calibrated (Max Range Penalty)

Powered (Special Move Mind Cost)

Precision (Minimum Damage)

Ranged (Ideal Attack Bonus)

of Targetting (Attack Speed)

of Pin-Pointing (Wound Chance)

of Tracking (Special Move Action Cost)

STOCK

Anti-Jitter (Max Range Penalty)

Balanced (Ideal Range)

Reactive (Special Move Health Cost)

of Dissipation (Max Damage)

of Cushioning (Special Move Action Cost)

of Loading (Attack Speed)

MELEE

GENERIC MELEE

Balancing (Special Move Health Cost)

Barbing (Point Blank Penalty)

Compensating (Special Move Mind Cost)

Extending (Ideal Range)

of Control-Enhancement (Attack Speed)

of Precision (Minimum Damage)

of Wounding (Wound Chance)

of ??????? (Max Damage)