Backups - Macros | Mail | Friends | Chat Colors | Settings

eqsanctum

• Administrators
eqsanctum

ADDFRIENDS /addfriend Jaddynn; /addfriend Marrynn; /addfriend Sorrows; /addfriend Masson;

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
eqsanctum

How to make keymaps, options, and UI the same across all characters

Setup

Take time to set up your in game options, key-map and UI exactly the way you would like it to be on one character (the first or last character created will make things easier, more on this later).

​After you are finished exit the game.

Open c:\\profiles\"youraccountname"\< server name> (or whereever you have SWG installed on your computer)

In this folder you will see a lot of different files. The extensions we are interested in are:

*.INP - This is your key-map.

*.UIS - This is your UI layout.

*.OPT - This is your options.

Identification

Now here is the semi-tricky part. Information for every character you have played on your account and computer will be in this folder.

To make it worse, the files are named by a "serial number" for each character and not the in game character name.(Example 123456789.inp)

The good news is your first created character will have the lowest number and your last character made will have the highest with everything else falling in between.

Make note of all the different character numbers. (I prefer to just cut all of the INP, UIS and OPT files out of this folder and paste them into a new temporary folder for reference.

Once you are done you can delete the temp folder) You could also rename the extension of these files to .old but I like to keep my working directory neat)

Backup

Once you have identified the character you used to set everything up in game, make copies of those files and put them somewhere safe.

Import

Now all you have to do is paste in copies of the files from the character you configured in game and change the file names to match each of your other characters serial numbers.

Example: I want to use the same UI layout on all of my characters.

In my folder I have the following character numbers: 123456, 234567 and 345678.

123456.uis is the file from my main character and the settings I want to use for my other two characters.

I remove (or rename) the 234567.uis and 345678.uis files.

I make two copies of 123456.uis in this folder.

I then rename one of those copies 234567.uis and the other copy 345678.uis

Rinse and repeat for each character.

Once you do a few it only takes seconds to set up a new character.