Friend Cant Register

Istarym

Istarym

Hi, sorry i looked for website help section, couldnt find it, i tried PMing mods, apparently i dont have PM priveleges, so im having to write it here

I recently registered and installed some of your fabulous mods and whatnot, my friend seeing how smexy my version of the game had become wanted his to be smexy too, so i sent him here to register

Now, the best i can tell you is when he tried to register there was no captcha/robot test thingy (my memory isnt great but i think for me it was a list with 8 words, 4 related to SW 4 meant nothing at all to me.) he says he saw no such thing, the first time or any subsequent times that he has tried

So i told him to look for such a list when he told me he couldnt register (i was skyping him so only had verbal chat), he claims there was no list/robot test, he tried again using completely different email/username/etc and still no joy, he may have even tried a third time but still he cannot get past this first part of the registration process

This was a few days ago, and i told him to try again each day in case you had disabled registrations (which was the only help i could find in the FAQ about this matter)

He is less tach savvy than me (and thats saying something) so i doubt he ever tried to hack your servers or something that might have caused you to IP block him, he so un-tech savvy he wont even attempt to install mods without me being there on skype to talk him through it

We both live too far apart for me to drive over to his house with a copy of the files ive downloaded from you on a USB drive, i guess i could mail him a USB drive if push comes to shove, but i really cant figure out why he cant register, why the "robot test" isnt even showing up for him

I notice your website/forum has had a nice overhaul since i registered (and was down for a few days between me registering and him trying, could that somehow be the cause?

Anyone got any ideas how i can get him registered so he can download some stuff? What if anything might be cause this problem? Or perhaps some of you have had similar happen to someone you know and know how to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

• Administrators
eqsanctum

sometimes for some people the captcha doesnt show properly, just refresh the registration page that its supposed to be on and it will show up.

FhuG00b.png

• Administrators
eqsanctum

Thanks for the reply, i shall let him know :)

I should fix that css for that while im at it <.<